Not Your Ordinary Law Firm
Michigan Bankruptcy Attorney
Michigan Bankruptcy Attorney
Bankruptcy attorneys are a dime a dozen; a great Michigan bankruptcy attorney is hard to come across. At Hermiz Law, we strive to provide our clients with the best bankruptcy attorneys in Michigan.
Now more than ever, millions of Americans will find a need to hire a bankruptcy attorney due to their high debt levels. In many cases, this is a result of events outside of their control: immediate need of medical care, the loss of a job, significant reduction of wages, and predatory lending.
Call (248) 825-8042 today to schedule a free consultation with a bankruptcy attorney to determine whether filing for bankruptcy is right for you. Or, contact us here.
Eliminate Debt | Michigan Bankruptcy Attorney
Filing for bankruptcy is an option that has helped millions of people eliminate their debt and get a second chance at a bright financial future.
Filing may allow you to:
- Erase Debt
- Stop Creditor Harassment
- Save Your Home, Car, and Personal Items
- Start Fresh
Filing under Chapter 7 in most cases will immediately place a hold on all collections activities, home foreclosure proceedings, wage garnishments, harassing creditor calls, and repossessions. Speaking with a bankruptcy attorney is the first step to obtaining financial freedom.
Free Consultation | Speak with a Bankruptcy Lawyer
If you are considering bankruptcy and would like to learn more about your options, we would be glad to meet with you and review your situation during a free no obligation consultation at our Troy office.
Give us a call at (248) 825-8042 to schedule a free consultation.
Filing Options | Chapter 7 or Chapter 13?
As a Michigan consumer, the U.S. Bankruptcy code offers you two options, depending upon your unique circumstances.
- Chapter 7 Bankruptcy - Commonly referred to as a liquidation bankruptcy, the general idea is that the debtor's assets are sold by a court appointed trustee to satisfy the debtor's debts. However, an actual liquidation is a rarity. Once the bankruptcy petition is filed, an automatic stay is ordered. An automatic stay temporarily stops all collection activity, including creditor calls, home foreclosure, wage garnishments, car repossessions and other related activities.
- Chapter 13 Bankruptcy - A Chapter 13 bankruptcy is referred to as a reorganization bankruptcy. Similar to a Chapter 7 bankruptcy, once a debtor files for a Chapter 13 bankruptcy, the court issues an automatic stay, which temporarily halts all collection activities. The debtor is then placed into a repayment plan which is typically stretched up to five years.
Your debt relief options will vary depending upon your unique circumstances. During your free consultation, we will:
- Determining whether filing under Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 is right for you
- Learn whether any other debt-settlement options is right for you
- Answer any and all questions you may have regarding your financial situation
Contact Hermiz Law Today at (248) 825-8042.Learn More About Us View Our Attorneys
Troy | Detroit | Warren | Southfield | Rochester Hills | Bloomfield | Royal Oak | West Bloomfield | Ferndale | Sterling Heights | Oak Park | Novi | Dearborn | Livonia | Clinton Township | Canton | Farmington Hills | Macomb Township | Shelby Township | Waterford | Commerce Township | Eastpointe | Madison Heights | Oak Park | Ferndale | Roseville | New Baltimore | St. Claire Shores | Centerline | Romeo | Fraser