Madana Hermiz is a 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 Super Lawyers Rising Star recipient, which recognizes no more than 2.5% of lawyers in the entire state of Michigan, a 2013 Top Attorneys in Michigan recipient, as recognized by the New York Times, and a 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 recipient of the Top Women Attorneys in Michigan award, as published by HOUR Detroit Magazine. Additionally, she has been chosen for the exclusive National Trial Lawyers distinction and has received the 2013 Client Choice Award in the area of Divorce with Avvo as well as a 9.9/10 rating with Avvo in the area of Divorce.
Ms. Hermiz, the firm’s founder and managing attorney, focuses her law practice on Family Law, Criminal Defense, Business, and Real Estate. Ms. Hermiz has litigated and settled complex custody cases and multi-million dollar property cases. She has been at the center of highly contentious cases, involving child custody disputes as well as financial domestic relations cases involving closely held corporations. Ms. Hermiz has years of trial experience and has obtained many favorable verdicts.
Ms. Hermiz has successfully and skillfully practiced before State of Michigan Courts in Oakland, Wayne and Macomb Counties. Ms. Hermiz has also practiced in Federal Court in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan.
Ms. Hermiz attended the University of Nevada, Las Vegas’ William S. Boyd School of Law, graduating cum laude. During law school, Ms. Hermiz was a member of the dean’s list and earned a position as one of twelve on the distinguished Society of Advocates team.
Ms. Hermiz has experience in the following offices:
- Federal Public Defender’s Office of Nevada, non-capital habeas unit
- Wayne County Prosecutor’s Office, preliminary exams unit
- State of Michigan Appellate Defender Office
- William S. Boyd School of Law, Juvenile Justice Clinic
- Holland & Hart, L.L.P., Professional Development Fellow
- United States Bankruptcy Court, District of Nevada, extern to Chief Judge Nakagawa
Professional Associations & Memberships
- State Bar of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- Oakland County Bar Association
- Macomb County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Recognition & Awards
- 2018 Michigan Rising Stars, Super Lawyers
- 2017 Michigan Rising Stars, Super Lawyers
- 2017 HOUR DETROIT Top Women Attorneys in Michigan
- 2016 Michigan Rising Stars, Super Lawyers
- 2016 HOUR DETROIT Top Women Attorneys in Michigan
- 2015 Michigan Rising Stars, Super Lawyers
- 2015 HOUR DETROIT Top Women Attorneys in Michigan
- 2014 Michigan Rising Stars, Super Lawyers
- 2014 HOUR DETROIT Top Women Attorneys in Michigan
- 2013 Michigan Rising Stars, Super Lawyers
- 2013 Top Attorneys in Michigan, New York Times
- 2013 Client Choice Award, Avvo
- 2012 Most Active Young Lawyer Award, Macomb County Bar Association